MP4

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Hello people, Can I use this project to reproduce a mp4 video coming from a Darwing Server?
I'm recieved the RTP frames one by one and y need to decode it and reproduce de video.
Any idea is going to be very apreciate,
greetings Vlad.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:55 AM
This library contains only container format parsers, not video codecs. The MP4 file format is not the same thing as MPEG-4 Part 10 (a.k.a h.264 a.k.a AVC) which is a video codec.

It sounds like you are receiving h.264 via RTP and you want to decode and render it. I don't know of any attempts at decoding h.264 in C# (partly for performance reasons) but there are ways to feed it into Silverlight's MediaElement via MediaStreamSource which might work for Windows Phone as well. RTP in Silverlight has definitely been done before.

For a desktop app, though, I think it would be pretty complicated and will require at least some interop if not native code. If it's a Windows Forms app you could use DirectShow.Net or Media Foundation.NET. For a WPF app, the WPF Media Kit might get you started but it'll need some customization.

If it's a Windows 8 or Windows RT store app, there's yet another way that's vaguely similar to how its done with Silverlight and Windows Phone.